acb is a nonprofit organisation specialised in the creation and curation of original exhibitions. For each project we function as an external exhibitions department for the partner museums. From development of the idea to the finished exhibition at the premises of the host museum, acb handles all exhibition planning:
- Content development (i.e. creation, curation and development of exhibition and catalogue concepts)
- Solicitation of loans from museums and private collectors, including all administrative work related to loan requests
- Budget planning, insurance and transport estimates
- Exhibition placement in one or more international host museum venues
- Drawing up of exhibition contracts with the lending and host museums
- Overall planning of fine art transport and itinerary (i.e crating, packing, transport, courier services, etc.)
- All production processes related to creating exhibition catalogues (development of catalogue concept, selection of specialist authors/scholars, selection of publishing house, drawing up of contracts with authors and publishers, editing process, clearance of reproduction rights, translations into venues’ local languages, etc.)
- Providing scenario with installation plan and texts and images for press kits
- Supervision of the exhibition installation at each of the host museums
Further, acb works with museums on a variety of partnerships:
Collaborations: Close cooperation with partner institutions on the development and management of exhibitions for an international tour, often drawing on one or more collections of the partner institutions. Partner museums are actively involved in the exhibition planning.
Mandates and project management: Commissions by museums to create and manage tailored thematic exhibitions with an accompanying catalogue according to the requirements of the partner museums.
Management of museum exhibitions: Our exhibition managers coordinate the planning of an international tour for a museum-developed exhibition, including placement of exhibition at host museums and all tasks related to travelling fine art exhibitions. We ensure good communication, quality, budget control and schedule adherence.
As a member of ICOM, AAM and Deutscher Museumsbund acb aims to fulfill the highest international museums standards for exhibitions.